Fly Tying
Ashby

Daughters Birthday

These are just a few of the 409 photos I took while at Six Flags for my daughter's birthday. This place is so awesome, even more so now that they are full on into conservation. Most of the money they make from visitors goes to the animals in one way or another. With that in mind, the price tag doesn't hurt that much.

The pictures below are of the killer whale, tiger, butterflies, eagle and vulture and not in any order. The Whale is named Shuka, the Tiger, I don't think the others have names. The butterflies are very pretty, but I don't know their species. The tiger is swimming under water which made for a very cool shot. The Bald Eagle is as beautiful as you will ever find, and very proud bird. The vulture is a King Vulture from South America and is one of the most sutnning birds I have ever seen in my life, full of color. Most vultures I have seen are just ugly, but awesome birds, this guy is very beautiful and awesome being only the second largest in the world with Condors being the biggest. The Eagle has enough power in it's feet to crush a human arm bone with little effort, ouch! Also, as much as it may look (especially with the vulture) there has been no color enhancements at all on these photos. Anyway, I hope you all like the pictures.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Great pix Ashby - looks like you had a great time. OK, I'll buy the diving tiger, but if a flying giraffe shows up in your next post, a lot of questions are gonna be asked around here. <_<

The tiger was after a piece of meat they threw in for him to get. Just wish and can't wait until I can get these pics in the wild. Oh, and I don't think I'm going to find a pic of a flying giraffe so no worries there. Thanks for the comments guys.

Ashby

Your new 40D is sure working out - fantastic colors. BTW, if your wish comes true and you succeed in getting one of those swimming tiger shots in the wild, be sure to toss your camera up on the bank so your next of kin can download the pictures. (Nice kitty, nice kitty.......AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH blub blub blub.....)