Fly Tying
Student4evr

Snowshoe Hare

Well after much procrastanating my flys are finished. I tyed 3 sets for extra measure. As soon as I get your addy student I will send them.

Kevin

I was able to finish one set with all the going ons at the lake (fire, reunion, kids fighting, boats not running right etc..) Will complete my other set by week ends end.

Jim

Frank

I need your address so I can mail the flys.

(Snowshoe Sallys and Black HiFloats)

Jim the deserttrout

Just to make things simple, Here is my address.

Frank Koterba

1174 Sudden Valley

Bellingham, WA 98229

Frank aka Student4evr :D

Well folks we are coming up on the deadline and I have received no flies as of yet. My March browns and my rackelhanen Variants are getting lonely. How is everyone doing?? :dunno: :dunno:

Frank aka Student4evr

Frank

Snowshoe Sallys and HiFloat Sparkles will be in the mail Monday

to keep your flys company. Just don't let them mate!

Jim the deserttrout

Mine went out last Monday the 21st. Should be there any day if they haven't arrived yet.

Well time for an update. I have received 2 sets, (Old Hat and Eastern Fly). The other 2 sets are in the mail. I will be leaving for a trip to the Methow River in eastern Washington tomorrow. So I will be sending everything out when I get back on Tuesday. Before I send them I will post pictures so everyone else can see what they missed.

One other side comment. I used and looked at several brands of hare's feet for this swap and one thing was very obvious. Spirit River is the hands down winner in quality. :headbang: :headbang: The sweet spot on the bottom of the foot has very little underfur and there is more of the high quality stuff on each foot. Hareline and Fish Hunter are mostly underfur and you have to comb out 70 % of the hair to get what you want.

Have a good weekend...I know I will.

Tight Lines

Frank aka student4evr

To all the tyers:

I'm back. What can I say. 4 days of fishing dry's, time spent with a bunch of my friends, sun, 200 cutthroat and 'bows up to 18" And my new Canon SLR shows up in time for the trip!!!......Priceless. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Now for the critical stuff. All the flies are in and they look great. I will get them in the mail tomorrow. And I will post pics as well.

THANK YOU ALL FOR A GREAT SWAP

Frank aka Student forever

:headbang:

Received my flies Saturday. Thanks Frank for a wonderful job at hosting.

Great job at tying all. An exquisite selection of flies for sure. A lot of good uses for snowshoe represented. The Sparkle Hi Float will work well on the Fall Caddis hatch here in a month or two I'm sure.

Thanks everyone.

Some nice flys arrived this weekend. Great job everyone!

Thanks for the swap. It was fun/different/fustrating; just

everythig a swap should be.

If anyone wants to do xome constructive advice concerning

my submissions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks

Jim

I got my flys today. They look great.I know they will all work here. Frank I would like to know how you tie your March brown. I get a very good hatch from 2 rivers too use it on.

Jim your Sally will be used on the Savage River for the Lime Sally stone fly that comes off there. Old Hat I do believe I now have a match for the Cahill and Sulpher that they have not see before. The same for yours Troutnabout. As for thr rest look out Caddis. If anyone would like to share how it's done I would like to find out. Thanks alot. I'll be looking for the next swap. :yahoo:

eastern fly