Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mouse6196

Sucker Spawn

:rolleyes: Nice looking. I've never done this. Do you drip the glue directly onto the hook and then put to whole hook into water. Thanks. :bugeyes:

Yes...keep the glue gun close to the hook and make a small drop. Then I slowly lift the gun away. The point left behind will mold back into the drop and then I quickly dip it in cold water. That's why I hold the hook with forceps. I give it a quick blow then start the next egg. It doesn't have to be dry to continue. You get little fine strings of glue at times but as you can see in the picture, that give the eggs a vein like texture. It'll take a few practise hooks but you'll get it soon enough. I have also made larger salmon sized singles. Just look for coloured glue sticks and you're set. I use mainly orange and pink in this area. Let me know if you give it a try and are having trouble. They're quick to tie and fun once you get the hang of it. they really work well too...I out fished 3 others in early season on a tough fishing day.