Fly Tying
Kenneth K

Calling all tiers! 2009 Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show Needs You

Guys and gals, my name is Kenneth Kloeppel and I’ve been a member of this forum for quite some time. I am the chairman for the 2009 Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show sponsored by Derby City Fly Fishers. The show will be held January 31, 2009 and hosted in Louisville KY. If you’re not familiar with the show, it has grown from a small tradeshow to what now supports 80+ vendors and over 1000 visitors. It’s a great time, and I personally look forward to seeing familiar faces and all of the new gear each year.

Part of our show always includes a large area for fly tiers to hang out and showcase their work. The booth space is FREE to all tiers, we just ask that you demonstrate fly tying to the masses and have a good time. We always have plenty of chairs for people to pull up a seat and talk with you about tying. Before I was as involved in organizing the show, I spent much of the day with the tiers.

If you’re interested in reserving a table this year, or interested in our organization, please visit our website at www.derbycityflyfishers.com. Simply complete the registration form by entering your contact information and select the FREE fly tying table. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Have a good one ….k

To access the registration form directly, please visit the following URL:

http://www.derbycityflyfishers.com/2009_ve...egistration.htm

Kenneth,

I would love to come, but your a heck of a long way from Texas! I make the closer show, mostly here in Texas, but I go twice a year to Mountain Home, Arkansas for the Southern Conclave of the FFF and the Sowbug in March. They are 2 or 3 day shows; we set up and tie all the way through, usually from around 7:00 am or 7:30 am to closing time; its a blast! Mountain Home is a 10 hour drive and a 500 mile trip from Waco. Were you closer, I would be there.

Sorry! I would also love to see Kentucky; I have never been there.

Ray

P.S.

Actually, Louisville is closer than I thought, only 931.56 miles, about like my driving from home to Crested Butte, Colorado.

MapQuest: Estimated Time: 14 hours 19 minutes Estimated Distance: 931.56 miles

Kenneth,

I'd love to get in on that, but I'll be manning the booth for Sportsman's Warehouse (Lexington). Sorry... my boss got me first.

Stop by and say HI!

Rob, I'm glad to hear you guys are coming. Be sure to have them register on the website for the Sportsman's Warehouse booth so they can get 20% off the booth space. Tell them I still have a double booth available out in the hallway like they had last year if they want it. Or if they want to go in the main hall, we have plenty there too.