Fly Tying
Horseshoes

My Neighbour's Spring Choice SWAP/CONTEST

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK APRIL 30TH DEADLINE........................

Feel yor pain. I've received only three sets of flies for the swap I'm hosting. The sad part is my son is participating and he hasn't even started tying his flies yet. :wallbash:

I will survive...... :headbang: I will not let it get me down or deter my enthusiasm....I will not let it..... :hyst: Thank you for the support. At least I am not alone. But we can handle it. right :dunno: ? :yahoo: :hyst: :hyst:

I will adhere to the rules and be fair to the swappers who follow the rules. I will only wait for the flies that have been accounted for before the deadline.

So far to date that means I have 2bonthewater flies en route. I will give a shout when they arrive. Can't wait to see them.

This will still be a great swap and you will really appreciate the quality of the flies we have so far. Not to mention how it increases your odds in winning the hooks. :headbang:

Guessing they have not shown up yet....................sorry for the delay !!!!! They should have been there.......... :unsure:

2bonthewater as of this morning they haven't arrived. Don't worry they will get here. Does your postie fly fish? Mine asks for updates all the time.

jimmyboy is in the mail, shouldn't take long as the crow flies. :hyst: Jimmyboy.. can't wait to see your flies.

:yahoo: :yahoo:

professori I sent your caddis on a week long canoe trip to the back lakes to help a father improve his ability in his sons eyes. He says his son catches every thing. Your fly was the one he did not have, ( this is not my neighbor and he did not pick it out) so... we will see if you made him look good. There are some huge brownies in those rivers back there. Not many into portaging and the possibilities of tics. I'll let you know if he had the opportunity to use it.

My neighbor called me last night talking about if I knew what was nipping the surface in the river. Can't wait to show him the flies. It is still too cold for the biggies to rise not to mention the force of the flow. Hoping it will slow this weekend.

Watching the mail slot..with great expectations.... :headbang:

TICKS

The last two days with the kids.......hiking.......looking for flowers, mushrooms, trouties...............found some black morels !!! Yummy

20 ticks in two days between my daughter and I ..............not one tick on my son..........this has been the worst spring ever for ticks.......it was a very very very mild winter here............we had a few super below Zero cold days......but there was little to no snow in SE PA...............I didn't have my driveway plowed in the last two years..........

I snuck down to the creek yesterday.........I made a few casts..........and I hear the horn beep.......I sprint back to the house........thinking something really bad happened ( why else would the little woman interupt my fishing )........I get up to the bathroom.......everyone is calm.........the wife goes, I just pulled a tick out of Zoes ear....wasn't in it...just attached to it !!!!!..........and then she goes, you know how I hate those things..........I said good, help me get the ticks off my pants..........I had 3 little hitchhikers on me.......

I live in the middle of 92 acres............I RENT........there is no way I could afford to own this property...........and there is a nice little Class A wild brown trout stream that runs right through the property..........fishes well in the spring......and fall....I don't fish it in the summer or winter..........those little buggers are so skittish.......small stream......10-15 feet wide

ps.........my mailman doesn't fish......lucky me !!!!

In our neighborhood if you get a deer tic on you, that is bad news. We have lime disease here. They say deer tics come out at the end of summer while others say not true. So I wear my waders if I am going through the low brush to the edge. Just to give me peace of mind anytime of year.

we have em' too !!! a few of the officers I worked with had the BULLSEYE mark from a tick bite.......and they got sick....

The ticks we have been finding are pretty big ones..............the deer ticks are pinhead sized, I think......

I'm not a tick-ologist HA HA....., but we do tick checks daily........the cat always has a few on him........he got a tick bath last night.......he didn't like that one bit !!!!!!!!!!!

I hate ticks..............my deputy lives in the woods and said he does not have tick problems...........he has chickens, all kinds, all over the place.........he said they eat the ticks.............but, his chicken numbers are dwindling..........the foxes have been snatching them up..........my deputy said the foxes are very smart.............

I really hope the flies show up soon.........can't believe it is taking so long............

2bonthewater your flies haven't arrived yet, sorry. :dunno: I will give it a few more if it is not a problem with everyone. There haven't been natural disasters between your place and mine? I mean you haven't seen a postie truck floating in a flood with a fly rod sticking out the window? :hyst:

Just an update to let you all know that I am waiting on the mail, 2bonthewater and jimmyboy are in transit and as soon as they land I will release the flies. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Well...after the choice has been made. :unsure:

Sorry fellas............mailed them on April 20th........priority mail..........figured they would have gotten there in the nick of time........but I guess not :wallbash:

Sorry fellas............mailed them on April 20th........priority mail..........figured they would have gotten there in the nick of time........but I guess not :wallbash:

Ahh Customs. Have to love them. There is a Customs Agent somewhere fishing the trout waters of Canada with a set of hand tyed flies. :j_k:

i must have done something wrong in the last swap because it costed me $20 to send, this time it was only $2. And horse shoes i put a 5 $ bill in with the flies for shipping back, keep the change for any future swaps you need postage for.