Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Horseshoes

salmon habitat

I have over time watched and yes expressed my frustrations over the treatment of our waterways. I have helped in small ways over the years. Shame is a powerful tool. But then I had a duh moment. There has to be an local association. Well there is and I joined. I have to say I was proud when the postie handed me the parcel. Now I don't feel alone in my quest to ...well 'smarten people up' as they say. have to admit there are still people I would like to smack upside the head. But since I am not a violent person....I joined the ASF.

Here is what I got in the post and I will wear them with pride. My hat and membership pin.

post-15490-1297273115_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to share my happines on such a cold winter day. Boy!...that wind bites.

In the late 19th Century Atlantic Salmon were stocked in the Delaware River. My understanding is that the fish returned to spawn back in 1895. No doubt they were fished into extinction before the 20th century arrived. I'd love to see them make a come back, but I'm not sure there is a stocking effort other than land locked salmon with in two lakes here in the Garbage... err Garden State.