Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flyman416

Quantum Tenacity AP reel

Hey guys i'm getting ready for bass fishing this year, and I was watching some fishing videos on youtube and this guy took the opposite side from the crank off of the bait caster and it exposed a magnetic drum break with six pins in it. so i tried to take off that part on my Quantum Tenacity AP reel and i can't do it. does anyone know how or if it has that kind of magnet system that i can fine tune or is it the little dial that goes from 1-10? the models number is :TEN300CX.

P.S. there is nothing on the internet about this subject I looked everywhere.

Without seeing the video, it's a little tough to say for sure, but I think you are on the right track. The dial you are referring to is the anti-backlash control. It keeps your spool from over-rotating on a cast. Turn it up, and you have less chance of backlash, but you also will lose distance on your casts as the spool is not as free to rotate.

If you go to Quantum.com, they have faq's that will address how to tune your antibacklash for your needs. You can tune it to the lures you are fishing. If you are new with casting a baitcaster, or like me - a little rusty, turn it up a couple of extra clicks to protect from backlash, then dial it back again as you get practiced up and are ready for a little more distance.

Hope that helps.

Deeky

Without seeing the video, it's a little tough to say for sure, but I think you are on the right track. The dial you are referring to is the anti-backlash control. It keeps your spool from over-rotating on a cast. Turn it up, and you have less chance of backlash, but you also will lose distance on your casts as the spool is not as free to rotate.

If you go to Quantum.com, they have faq's that will address how to tune your antibacklash for your needs. You can tune it to the lures you are fishing. If you are new with casting a baitcaster, or like me - a little rusty, turn it up a couple of extra clicks to protect from backlash, then dial it back again as you get practiced up and are ready for a little more distance.

Hope that helps.

Deeky

Haha sorry i should have just posted the video anyway but can i do what he does to the reel and like... open it?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=how%20to%20set%20your%20baicaster%20youtube&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CD8QtwIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1QqY5QI6C2A&ei=BOBYT_rlEYqFsALFoOmvDQ&usg=AFQjCNHVXfQgIT7mTCgQ0DnA0xn5X4Uldg

The video made it much clearer. You will either have a centrifical or magnetic system. The one for which he popped the side off was the centrifical with brake pads. However, it sounds like you have a magnetic with the dial of 1-10. So no side to pop off because there aren't pads inside to adjust. I can't say for sure, but logic would say that in a system with 6 pads, and he's only using three, you should be able to set your reel to a 5 or 6 and have about the same effect.

Deeky

Thanks Deeky the qauntum.com wouldnt open for sone reason but you answered my questions either way thanks

T-Boll