Fly Tying
Micke HR

Cat`s Whisker step by step

Cat`s Whisker step by step, here I have one Daiichi streamer hook size 10 in anvil and I start whit to tie the unitread 8/0 chartreuse back a few millimeters on the hook

I'm taking a silver colored ball chain that will become the eyes of the streamer and ties it in with some tread turns in cross-over the ball chain then I tie the tread back too the hook barb

Now I can proceed with selecting a suitable white marabou feather that will become the tail, then I tie it in with some tight turns forward and I take one more marabou feather and tie on top of the first marabou feather so I have a full tail

Now I wrap the thread forward in tight turns over the marabou, then I carefully cut away the excess of the marabou feather then, I wrap the tread in tight turns backwards to the barb again I'm taking about an inch long piece of chenielle size 1 in colour chartreuse and pulls of about one cent-meters of the chenille at one end and tie it into where I left the tying thread and tie the tread forward just behind the ball chain and let the tread hang there and continue whit the chenille forward in tight turns next to each other and bind off just behind the ball chain and secures it with a few turns of tread

Now I choose out two pieces of marabou feather that lasts all the way back to the end of its tail and tie it in, and ends with a head and coating it shiny and the fly is ready :)