Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Third Annual Casting For Recovery Drive

As posted by Dble Haul:

"Casting For Recovery (CFR) provides fly-fishing retreats specifically tailored for women who have or have had breast cancer. We seek to enhance the lives of breast cancer survivors by providing retreats designed to promote and support mental and physical healing. We are committed to socioeconomic and cultural diversity."

I have made contact with the director of CFR and put their mission statement above with his permission. At some point in our lives, every one of us will be directly affected by cancer, whether we have the illness ourselves or it's a loved one dealing with it. CFR provides a unique opportunity for breast cancer patients and survivors to gain mutual strength, respect, and support for one another. You can get much more information about the organization at www.castingforrecovery.org.

One way to help CFR is through the donation of flies that the women can use. I think it would be an outstanding gesture for the Forum here to once again make a group donation of flies tied by some of our members. We continue to mature as a group, and with that maturation comes an increase in our circle of influence in the local, national, and global community.

Donations from the last two years were quite impressive, and this year's should be no less so given our rate of growth.

If interested, flies are due by the end of April so that they can be sorted and in the hands of those who need them by mid May. Please send them to me at the following address:

Mark Dysinger

5 Spring Street

Portland, CT 06480

Be sure to include your name and city of residence, as they will be included in the cover letter accompanying the flies going to CFR. Any trout patterns will do, but the ones used most frequently are listed at the CFR website.

I look forward to your responses and participation in this cause.

--------------------

Mark"

My additional comments:

Casting For Recovery focuses on trout flies for its outreach programs.

Wouldn't it be nice if, in any trout fly swap that takes place, the swappers could generate one or two extra to be donated to this worthy endeavor.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.