Fly Tying
Jimmy Aw

Best Regards with some peacocks...

Hi Folks,

It has been quite a while since I last posted in the warmwater. Here's a drenched fishy report.

I was fishing all through a rain storm with my zero wt ... phew... it was wet & cold to the bones. Nevertheless, it didn't stop the fish & me getting connected. laugh.gif

The bass are taking small flies yesterday. Little charlies jitters across the water surface & the basses flashes up from the depth for a bite. It's exciting witnessing them dashes & battles for "See who gets the fly 1st".

user posted image

Colourful fish, huh? laugh.gif

user posted image

These fish are quite a hungry bunch

user posted image

Here's another bigger one of the day.

user posted image

Big mouth despite tiny flies

Best Regards - Jim

Jimmy

Looks like you had a good day of fishing. Congrats!! Been awhile, nice hearing from you again!

BFR

Ok Jimmy,

After getting a taste of peacocks in Miami a couple years back, I'm officially jealous biggrin.gif

Nice fish!

Jason

Looks good. Hey, are these fish similar in taste to a fresh water Bass? The colors on them are nice. I'm still iced in but hopefully in the next 3 weeks or so I'll finally be able to get out in my tube.

QUOTE (millerwb @ Apr 7 2005, 12:57 PM)
So Jim,

I am guessing that you live in Miami? Nice fish.

Brian

Hi pal,

Like the folks mentioned. I lives in the other part of the globe, nearing the equator... in Singapore.

lthrnk, our reservoirs are mostly stocked with peacocks. Like snakeheads down in florida... the peacocks here are viewed as pest too. The multiple so fast that in less than 2 years, the few reservoirs are full of their presences.

Nevertheless, I don't do any culling like some do neither have I take any back for cooking, Gilly. wink.gif Just for the angling kick, all catches goes back for another of my future sessions. No comments on how these rainbows tastes.

user posted image

2 pounders like this a quite a fun on my light set.

To Jason. It's always a challenge to take them on Ultralight leaders & 0-1wt set. What I like about peacocks is the ferocity & speed of their strikes. Usually a flash of their bright orange underfins & they are on. If the 4lb tippet doesn't break at the initial tug... the game is almost over with yet another minute of tug of war. wink.gif

Next round, I will try to post up some shots with gurglers & muddlers. They are too die hard for surface flies. laugh.gif

Best Regards.

Smalliehunter should be sending out the flys soon. Hope yours get through fast.

My action should be starting soon.

Here's one from teasing the fish with a tiny gurgler...

user posted image

It's fun to sight cast with surface flies for peacocks.

laugh.gif

Jimmy,

Glad to see someone writing about flyfishing Singapore. I just returned from there last weekend. Prior to going, I looked for info on flyfishing there. There was 1 report that said there was no quality flyfishing there. WRONG!!!! Fishing for PB on a 2wt was great. I will have to tie some of your Goldie Glass?? pattern. They would definitely do the trick there. Hope to see you when I get back to Singapore.

Shawn

QUOTE (bugtyer @ Apr 12 2005, 05:38 PM)
Jimmy,

Glad to see someone writing about flyfishing Singapore. I just returned from there last weekend. Prior to going, I looked for info on flyfishing there. There was 1 report that said there was no quality flyfishing there. WRONG!!!! Fishing for PB on a 2wt was great. I will have to tie some of your Goldie Glass?? pattern. They would definitely do the trick there. Hope to see you when I get back to Singapore.

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

In fact there is a couple of singapore website that talks fly fishing. I am helping to watch over 1 while some of my pals started another.

Both will keep you posted of local fly fishing news!

http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/index.php

http://flyfishingsg.proboards38.com/index.cgi

if you are coming here again, do drop by these sites. biggrin.gif

Best Regards!