Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
uffepuffe

Klinkhammer

Nice fly uffepuffe! I've been looking for a good picture of a klinkhammer!

Thanks

BFR

If I could only fish one dry fly, this would be it. In varying sizes and color schemes, this is one of the best searching and imitating patterns I've ever used.

Nice tie.

QUOTE (Dble Haul @ Jun 2 2005, 09:40 AM)
If I could only fish one dry fly, this would be it. In varying sizes and color schemes, this is one of the best searching and imitating patterns I've ever used.

Nice tie.

I couldn't agree more! This is my all time favourite dry fly! In really fast flowing water I fish with a variant called "Unsinkable Klinkhammer" who has a thorax of black foam istead, but basicly the same fly. I'll post a picture of that one aswell later.

If anyone wants to see how I tie the klinkhammer you can check this link. The text is in swedish but the pictures will give you a good idea of how to do it (step your way trough each step on the left menu "step x")

http://www.elmerfishing.com/flugbindning/k...ammer_intro.htm

Nice step by step! Did not need to read the words! The pictures explained it all!

Thanks

BFR

QUOTE (bentflyrod @ Jun 2 2005, 09:46 AM)
If anyone wants to see how I tie the klinkhammer you can check this link. The text is in swedish but the pictures will give you a good idea of how to do it (step your way trough each step on the left menu "step x")

I'm dubbingen as fäster as I can. biggrin.gif Can't wait to fish these! Thanks, guys!

QUOTE (BuckarooBanzai @ Jun 4 2005, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (bentflyrod @ Jun 2 2005, 09:46 AM)

I'm dubbingen as fäster as I can. biggrin.gif Can't wait to fish these! Thanks, guys!

hysterical.gif Love your swedish BuckarooBanzai! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (uffepuffe @ Jun 2 2005, 09:49 AM)
If I could only fish one dry fly, this would be it.  In varying sizes and color schemes, this is one of the best searching and imitating patterns I've ever used.

Nice tie.

I couldn't agree more! This is my all time favourite dry fly! In really fast flowing water I fish with a variant called "Unsinkable Klinkhammer" who has a thorax of black foam istead, but basicly the same fly. I'll post a picture of that one aswell later.

Just a smal reflection regarding the unsinkable version of the klinkhammer. Remeber to tie it on a hook that is heavy enough to present the fly in the right position. If the hook is to "light" the klinkhammer will be presented in every possible way then then rigth way.

The Klinkhammer is the universal flies of all flies......

Tight lines

Marcus alias Thymallus

QUOTE (Thymallus @ Jun 9 2005, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (uffepuffe @ Jun 2 2005, 09:49 AM)
If I could only fish one dry fly, this would be it.  In varying sizes and color schemes, this is one of the best searching and imitating patterns I've ever used.

Nice tie.

Just a smal reflection regarding the unsinkable version of the klinkhammer. Remeber to tie it on a hook that is heavy enough to present the fly in the right position. If the hook is to "light" the klinkhammer will be presented in every possible way then then rigth way.

The Klinkhammer is the universal flies of all flies......

Tight lines

Marcus alias Thymallus

Good comment Marcus, I'll write that when posting the unsinkable as well, thanks!

Ulf

I have been fishing Klinksclusively for about the last 3 years and swear by them. In various colors they work for just about every situation here in S.W. Alberta. Olive Klinkhamers are by far my favorite.

Thanks for posting.

Klinkhåmers work almost everywhere,they are good flies for trout and grayling.Olive and brown are good colours wink.gif .

Thats a nice Klinkhåmer uffepuffe.I think that colour will work for rainbow trout too.

my best fly so far for lake fishing for chub and other surface fish is a klink with a quill body, hearl thorax.

btw: nice to read you all, I'm Eugen from Romania. smile.gif