Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Troy Bishop

Headed to the Taylor River, CO

Hi Everyone! 

Sorry I've been a bit busy with personal things to post but I am excited to say that in a weeks time I will be travelling up to the Taylor River in  Colorado. I was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice on the area. I will be fishing Lodgepole (about 1/2 mile south of the dam). I know its a little early with the heavy winter we had, there is still snow happening in some parts of the lower Rocky Mtns. I have been checking the temperature, water flow rate, and height on a daily basis. I think Im about as prepared as I could be but just want to double-check with anyone who may be more familiar with those waters.

On 5/24/2023 at 6:40 AM, Troy Bishop said:

Hi Everyone! 

Sorry I've been a bit busy with personal things to post but I am excited to say that in a weeks time I will be travelling up to the Taylor River in  Colorado. I was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice on the area. I will be fishing Lodgepole (about 1/2 mile south of the dam). I know its a little early with the heavy winter we had, there is still snow happening in some parts of the lower Rocky Mtns. I have been checking the temperature, water flow rate, and height on a daily basis. I think Im about as prepared as I could be but just want to double-check with anyone who may be more familiar with those waters.

Just found this post...how was the trip? I've fished the Taylor many times years ago and loved it!