Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
S.Mankov

Brownies on nymph, streamer and dry fly

Hi gys i was absent, because i was on my village Apriltzi-that`s in north Bulgaria.There are a few really nice mountain streams and some beautifull brownies. As I just arrive I took my flyrod and went to the river. I choose to fish on nymph, cause the river was a little bit muddy, because of the rains. There was a foamy stream and a stone in the middle of it. I throw there, and suddenly a fish came aut under the stone, and after a minute wonderfull emotions for me and may be not for the fish I cought it - really nice brownie abou 30 sm- that`s good fish for our country q and I was happy! To the end of the day i cought 5 mores but take with me only two. I always release the fish but this time i dont because my granny really loves it and I want to make a present for her.

Here are some pictures user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

At the next day the water was really clear and I prefer to fish on dry fly. I cought about 5 fish but take only this one with me! user posted image

And on the third day the river was so muddy that i almost gave up of fishing. I know that in the muddy water it is good to use dark flys and i choose black wolly bugger and it works perfect i cought more then 12 fish - Really sorry for not having pics!

Thats all gys gratings from BG