Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Announcement - Species Index

I have tested this new approach on TFF and I believe it has worked out well. In the past "Editors" were in charge of building the content for the Species Index which is made up of topics on the forums and fly patterns in the database. Each editor had a set list of species that they were in charge of.

Now the program has made a small change for the better. Anyone can now enter information into the Species Index. Below every topic you will see a red box with a drop down list of species and a "Submit" button. While browsing the forums if you see a topic that pertains to a particular species simply pull down that species from the list and click "Submit"...that's all there is to it. Every submissions has to be approved by myself before becoming live in the index.

There is alot of great information on the forum and after time it gets buried deep into the archives, never to be seen again. With your help we can build a great great of information on a wide variety of species. It only takes a second to do so any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Just a side note. This change does not mean the Editor program is over. Any editor who completes a submission does not have to go through the approval system as long as they submitted information for their species. They also at this time are the only members with the ability to add a fly pattern to the species index.

If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to post a reply

-Will

Will-

Since the change to the new server, I haven't been able to add any flies from the database to the species index. I have the option to add the topics, but not the option to add flies once I'm on the fly's database page.

Sign in to follow this