Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Meat flies!

Y'know, everytime I tie a bunch of meat flies, like this school of Zonkers I just finished, I get this bloodlust that just won't go away until I set into a nice big bass or hook-jawed Brown trout or some kind of predator that makes me go...WHOA!...when I see it.

Gotta hit the water soon, man. It's been overcast here in Western PA for the last week but I haven't had time to fish. Overcast, high 60's, no rain...it's killin' me not being on the water! Seriously though, I know I'm gonna have that itch in my forearms until I set the hook into something big.

post-63-1129306733_thumb.jpg

Fished???? is that what we do? It has been so long since I have felt something tug at the end of my line that I don't think I would know what to do. Dang James River needs to come down and stop looking like chocolate milk so much.

edit: to give an idea of the River level, my head in my avater would be 3 ft below the waterline if I was standing the the same spot right now( and I am 6 ft tall)

I can't wait, fall fishing is come up and I have been tying until my fingers bleed (this gives a great lure to the fly.) Unfortunately, we haven't been getting any water here in Kentucky in a very long time, seems like an extended drought. I have to travel out of the state to get some moving water fishing in. What's up with that?