Fly Tying
binfordw

Still working on deerhair...

So things are getting alot easier at the bench now. I picked up some Dr. Slick curved scissors (which helped trimming a BUNCH) and even picked up some GSP thread, but not sure it helps much more that waxed 3/0.. If I pull much past where the 3/0 would break, it tends to cut the hair with the gsp. It does work better when using the Brassie packers, I had problems cutting my thread with them when using 3/0.. Pretty frustrating. Oh, I also got thinner flex cement, makes a difference on how the popper faces look.

Heres another popper head.. Still havent got the hang of tying the tail and hackle on before spinning the hair, but it works ok doing it afterwards for now.

IPB Image

Heres some dries I messed with, ya they are out of proportion but I was just focusing on the bodies. I have heard you can wrap the tail without a thread base to allow it to spin with the hair, does anybody do it that way? I can make it work without, but the thread shows at the rear sometimes. Any ideas would be great guys.

IPB Image