Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
HDS

size 32 hooks

I found some size 32 hooks today. They are in chicago and tiemco and dai-richi makes em. They have eyes too. If you want em they are at Dan's Tackle, 2237 W. Mclean Ave, Chicago, IL 60647, (773) 276-5562, [email protected], he will ship them. Tell him Heath sent ya.

HDS

Heath, I'll give him a call, I've been looking for 32's for years without much success. Tiemco makes an eyed 32 that isn't a true 32 and is too big for what I need; I have some of them and don't use them. The ones I am looking for are like the Mustad gold ones without eyes. Thanks, Donn

32???

if there is no eye, what do you do to keep the hook on the line? tie in the leader to the hook?

What are you catching with 32?

When there is no eye you make the leader part of the pattern by tying the leader material to the shank before you tie in any other materials. You catch very finicky trout on size 32 flies.

What am I tying? MIDGE MIDGE MIDGE....its north eastern Iowa time, its open year round, and the midge come with that. Talk about a bitch to tie though. grr.

but the payoff is sweet, Its stockie city but they dump at 15-18 inches in iowa, and in SHEER numbers, they creek are super clean and put BWO's up almost year round if the weather is right. They just do not have any stream side rehab there, just a stocking program. BUt BIG ass trout. The majority of the streams are no keep under 18 inches...jeez, here in SE minn its no keep OVER 16....hmmmm.....

By the way the tiemco's do have an eye, I am not sure about the dai rikki's though.

But I have noticed that the dai riki's run bigger than mustads, much sharper though. Too bad hooks are like shoes, every company make a different size and puts the same numbers on them.

anyways,

tight lines,

HDS