Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
7wt

Salty streamer

Great looking fly, should have a goodswimming action. What is the eyes and head? stick on and paint? Is that stuck in your hat? It looks like it has just benn fished.

Thanks for the feedback guys, the head is a buildup of ultra thread 70 with vinyl eyes stuck too it then epoxied. The body is hologram tinsel, the underwing is buck tail and the overwing is a couple of different saddle hackles light to dark. That particular fly was tied on an Owner light Mutu hook.

The picture is great. I like the look and would like to tie this myself.

Questions:

What size and type of hook?

How do you fish this?

I'm trying like h... to get in another trip to my favorite bay. I'd like to try this one on the schoolies.

dc

dead horse,

I think that one was a size 6 Owner light Mutu circle hook. I tied it for specks but I've found it works better for ladyfish. Early in the morning the ladies are busy crashing small bait balls and all I do is just drop it on the boils and away we go! Man they crash the snot out of 'um. I will be getting two new sinking lines and an extra spool for Christmas this year so I will be fishing these steamers a little deeper than I am now. I hope for even better results!