Fly Tying
flytyer

Tying Room

Just thought that I would post a picture of my tying room.

For the life of me I cannot see what my wife gets so mad about.

user posted image

bugeyes.gif . Mine is alot more orderly than that, but i guess it`s cause I have about 1/100th of the stuff you have. LOL. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

You are only seeing about 50% of the room. That is about 20% of my materials. I have a double walk in closet that you cannot get into. All left over from the commerical tying days.

I sold about half of it on ebay a couple of years ago and decided to keep the rest. Sold something like 100,000 hooks and still trying to get rid of 10,000 or so.

Must have sold 100 dozen spools of thread too.

Only bad thing is that I went to get some buck tails the other day and the moths had gotten into them and eaten the tips out of aout 20 lbs of them along with all of my calf tails. Anyone want some free tails??

My wife refuses to come upstairs when I am in the tying room although my dogs love to see what they can get into. Rose has a fit. My puppy will sneak in and drag some old hide downstairs.

Gotta go. Tying some Dahlburgs.

My wife just walked by and looked over my shoulder as i was admiring your room.......she didn't appreciate it, but i did..........

Well, I have to clean it up tomorrow or the next day or the next. It is getting to where I canno walk into it and I cannot find anything anymore. I will post a photo when I get it cleaned up.

It is just too much trouble to clean up as I go.

I really need a bigger room so I can make a bigger mess.

oh man, them moths are scary... once they infest they go to town... be careful and take some extra steps with your "one of a kinds". I lost a LOT of my best stuff when i didn't pay close enough attention to packing them. I wouldn't worry about the stuff i can replace fairly easily, but some stuff just can't.

BE CAREFUL

steve

Sometimes, wives can come up with some good suggestions. Mine has been telling me that I need to get a bunch of those Rubber Maid containers that you can store clothes in and use them. They would be airtight and would probably keep out the critters.

I should have checked on my stuff more often. Second thime that has happened. The tails are not that hard to replace but the first time I had 25 or 30 huge grizzly necks and saddles that I had managed to find and they got into them. I almost cried because I could not get any more of them. Talk about being upset. Those were the biggest necks for saltwater that I have ever seen.

Live and learn.

Guess that I really need to listen to my wife this time. She is still picking on me about that. help.gif

I had a full african bustard that i lost... i wept... it was given to me by a gentleman quite a while ago. Obviously i can't replace that..... I guess thems the breaks sometimes. Live and Learn.

steve

I have the most organized mess that anyone has ever seen. If asked how I can find something, I simply say that it is SOMEWHERE in all of my mess.

As I said, I have to clean it up. I was going through a bunch of the stuff and a lot of it is going to get trashed. No sense keeping the stuff that the moths got into so I am stacking it all up and will trash it this weekend. I need to make some more room so that I can make an even bigger mess.

My wife got this brilliant idea that I needed to move eerything into the smaller room and I have about a third of the room I used to and believe it or not, I kept eveything in one room and it was not that messy. She wanted a SITTING ROOM so I got stuck in a room not much bigger than a double walk in closet.

Oh well, such is the married life.