Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Hi From West Virginia

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to join the group and thought that I should introduce myselp. I'm a 57 year old forester that lives in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia near Romney. Of course fly fishing and tying are my passion. I fish mostly for smallmouth bass in the beautiful South Branch of the Potomac river. I have a little business called Mountaineer Flies. Photography is also my love. You can look at my web page at http://www.MountaineerFlies.com Again I look forward to our visits.

Best Regards,

Carl DeFazio ( Fly Fisherman )

Bass_at_river.jpg

~~ My Home Water-- The South Branch of the Potomac~~

reportpic.jpg

Welcome Carl,

Your web site looks great.looking forward to chating,I haven't had a chance this year to fish

W.Va. but in years past I really enjoyed fishing for smallmouth in the New River (gorge bridge range).There are some real BIG ones in there.Now I mostly fish Indiana waters,some nice ones there also,close to home.

Welcome aboard- Leaky Waders

I've been doing a little studying about the south brand and do you fish the C & R section? I think it's quite unique to have a C & R section of a smallmouth river, I wish more areas would adopt that practice

Hi Carl -

Nice looking webpage; will give it a longer look later. For now, Welcome Aboard and thanks for the link!

Hi, Carl...

You and I need to talk. I'm the Charleston Gazette's outdoors writer, and I'm of the opinion that an article on fly fishing for smallmouth is long overdue. Would you be willing to spend a day fishing with me as the "local expert?"

PM me if you're interested.

Best regards,

John McCoy

aka Isonychia