Fly Tying
justlearning

Howdy from Missouri

Howdy all

Just found the fourm while surffing for information on fly tying. :D

Live in central Missouri, work in EMS 2 24 hr shifts a week so I have plenty of time to tease the fish.

I have been fly fishing for about 3 years on a regular basis and now decided I want to start tying my own flys. I have made a couple so far that dont look to bad, the bluegills likes one of them. The more I study and pratice the more I like doing it. The girl friend is even getting into it.

Look forward to reading and posting.

Mike

Welcome to the forum justlearning! I'm in the St. Louis area and getting ready to move to Springfield on monday. Feel free to jump on in and have some fun here. You from the Columbia area?

If you are into trout fishin maybe we can hook up sometime.

Duckydoty

i'm down here in eminence, about an hour below salem mo.... should get together some time... i go with a few of the EMS guys from the hospital. lol never knew being a CT Tech could lead to so many fishing buddies in the hospital :headbang:

I am about 25 miles east of columbia. just north of I70 in williamsburg. Love trout fishing vacation starts on the 25th and will be at bennett for 9 days.

I have meet alot of fishing and hunting buddies through work. Seems most of us here work about the same shifts and have plenty of time to play.

justlearning,

You ever fish Taneycomo? If you like Bennett, you'll love Taney. You do any duck hunting? I've heard through another member that there are a few consevation trophy blue gill lakes just west of Columbia that hold quite a few 12-14 inch bluegill.

Duckydoty

Welcome! I will be in springfield, for 7 weeks this June and July. Any recomendations where I can do some fishing? Heard that there was a good stream in the branson area. Don't have a lot of time to fish but would like to give it a try while I'm there.

RC

Welcome! I will be in springfield, for 7 weeks this June and July. Any recomendations where I can do some fishing? Heard that there was a good stream in the branson area. Don't have a lot of time to fish but would like to give it a try while I'm there.

RC

RC its Taneycomo...you will love it. Let me know when you are down this way and I can help you with directions, flys, even meet you there...Dano

Never done taney yet. Have some friends from kansas that hit taney every other weekend. Next time going down to branson I let you know maybe we can meet and slay some fish.

Great. One of my bestest fishing buddies is a paramedic...I'll bring him along so you two CANNOT talk shop :hyst:

Another Taney regular from the KC area, is also a medic...

Later

Dano

I have not duck hunted since the mid 80s when I lived up by St Joe. A place called bean lake right next to KC power and light tons of ducks and geese. Do a lot of deer hunting though. I don't know much about west of columbia but just east a place called Little Dixie lake, about a 12 acre lake, has some hugh blue gill and big crappie.

RC

RC its Taneycomo...you will love it. Let me know when you are down this way and I can help you with directions, flys, even meet you there...Dano

Thanks Dano. I'll let you know.

RC

Welcome aboard justlearning. We are practically neighbors as I live in Mexico,Mo. Uncletube, another member, lives in Auxvasse. Maybe we three can get together sometime.

Dave

Dave,

I haven't seen Uncle tube around since his operation -- any reports on how he is doing?. He's the one that told me about the monster bluegill lakes.

RC--I'm working in Springfield--We'll have to hook up and let Danoinark show us some places to catch some fish :P :P

Duckydoty