Fly Tying
GARPIN

Damsel Nymph

Hi GARPIN,

Cool looking Damsel. The extended weaved body looks awesome, and the bright green tail is hot... a super looking fly... I bet those legs come alive in the water.

Graham

Thanks Graham, the extended body is a stripped feather quill tied on then folded over, thread covered and three strands of uni yarn for the tails, the weave is uni flexx, green and brown.

IPB Image

The legs are the same uni flexx with knots for the joints, tungsten sheet for weight, damsel eyes, and brown raffia for wings, the body is a strip of 3mm nymph skin, the hook is a size 12 Kamasan long shank lure.

Cool, thanks for sharing, I like it when people show and tell. That damsel looks just like the ones in the ponds at Belleisle Gardens :)

Is that Belleisle gardens thats about a 5 minute walk down the road from me.

Take it youve been over, if you have youll probably have seen the River Doon, I used to fish at the Burns monument hotel and the ice factory just up from it, have had a lot of salmon out of there down the years.