Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
seanrus

Going to Beamsville Ontario any trout really close to there?

I heading to Beamsvile Ontario for a few months to work and I'm going to try and get some fishing in. The problem is I'm not going to have any way to travel ( no car or licence) so I can't go far. Is there anyone from that area that knows where I can go trout fishing.

I think you will be real close to Lake Ontario and the Niagara river. I was born in Ontario but never fished in that area. Lots of public transportation there.

Here is a website, if you click on the fishing section it will give you the licence details

http://www.niagarawesttourism.com/

give this link a try, looks like Bartlett creek might be a good try

http://www.conservation-niagara.on.ca/cons...untainview.html

I used to live in Hamilton, was out in Beamsville one summer 11 years ago working as a cherry/peach picker on the farms for a summer job. there's "balls falls" too. worth looking into, there's gotta be trout around there somewhere.

i used to mechanic at the marina in grimsby, it was "forans marina", but not sure what it is now, but what a great spot for big browns cruising the shallows, theres a river just to the left, and a pier at the mouth, cought a few rainbows in that river......its not that far from beamsville, and shouldnt be that hard to find a lift.

i just noticed your in PEI, where abouts??