Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Michigan tier’s guild meeting

I just spent some time at a fly tier’s guild meeting that meet in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.

The knowledge and experiences that were exchanged and things that were learned were something that couldn’t be learned in such a short amount of time.

One member (Toddfather ) a true master in the art of making feruled leaders put on a demonstration with his home made feruled leader making jig. (Truly awesome)

Also his son (Toddson) a well studied Entomologist displayed his extensive samples of bugs from Michigan waters.

This was a great learning experience that couldn’t of happened if not for Toddson and his wife allowing us to meet at there home (Thank You)

Bob aka OSD.

user posted image

Sounds cool OSD i would have liked to have seen tood do up a few of those leaders,i tried making some myself back in the summer after talkin to todd and needless to say it takes having someone show you to understand those things.

SD

The next time we have a meeting I will let you know in advance so that anyone in driving range can attend.

The knowledge that was exchanged and the caliber of fly fisherman/tiers was top shelf.

This is one of the fly patterns that was tied by one of the participants

user posted image

Ah, don't be so modest. You put on a nice display behind the vice yourself OSD. BTW thanks for the freebies. That's Sawcat's "Schmidt's Hex" in the photo.

'Drifter,

I agree. Makes a world of difference seeing one of those leaders being spun up first hand rather than trying to read your way through it. Check the other site when you get a chance. I think there's another "guild meeting" coming up in our area next weekend.

Al

Hey Bob, great to see your guild take off. I'm hoping to have one this month down at my Dad's property on a great Steelhead river. Just waiting to see if I can get away to do it. LOL. Next weekend is my son's birthday, then next after is a Spey Clave, then following is a sportsman show I'm working the Skookum Cataraft booth. So, am busy. But wanted to have one when some of the big Nates are in our streams. Good fishing, good tying, and good food. Was going to have a weekend long guild (instead of the one dayers).