Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Photo Contest

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/...ontest_home.asp

This is a link for a photo contest, I see a lot of members here are getting very good and very interested in taking photos. Here is a chance to test your skill as well as see some great pictures as well. I got this link through an e-mail Olympus sends me. As this is a camera company photo contest I imagine there will be some excellent photos

Looks like a fun contest but I was reading through the rules and it states "must be taken with an Olympus® camera". that sucks.

I love my new Olympus camera... just kidding... lol.. I think if I started seriously thinking about competing it would take the fun and enjoyment out of my photography. I like to keep my business activites on one side of my brain, the competitive side, while keeping my hobbies on the other side of my brain, the fun and artistic side.

Woke yesterday morning to find a 57 Heavy Chevy parked in the neighbors front yard. Cool car. totally restored. Been in the family for years. Lives in Portland. Wears an Olympus with auto wind. I had my digital in my pocket. Shoots mainly black and white - operates custom lab - sends out color developing - cost a lot to switch to digital. He grinned when I told him Exacta. He tried macro last week again since the longest time - always amazed how shallow depth of field is with a macro shot.

Focused only with macro on lense - didn't own a focusing rail. Kinda surprised me. But rail is a specific tool not sure what other function it would serve. Perhaps portraiture?

Hope to speak more to him and will get current feelings on market and subject matter.

Kind of keen both of us meet on the other side of the motor home and both with cameras. Asked what venue my photos are presented.

later

Fred