Fly Tying
nrthcsteel

thoughts on sony h2 &kodak z650

I don't know about the Sony or Kodak, but I just read up on the new Hasselblad 39MP digital - sounded great until I got to the price: $30,000.00!!!!!! Wonder if they throw in a free Volvo for first-time buyers.

I don't know about the Sony or Kodak, but I just read up on the new Hasselblad 39MP digital - sounded great until I got to the price: $30,000.00!!!!!! Wonder if they throw in a free Volvo for first-time buyers.

:blink: :blink: :unsure: i would sure hope so... atleast a free volkswagon :baby:

Thanks for the link Graham. I am going with the kodak. The Sony may be better but it may have to much stuff if there is such a thing. The kodak seams simple and reviewers seem happy with it. It has the things I want and its also a little more affordable which meens more money for tying supplies. I will let you know how it is when I get it. Thanks again

Hey nrthcsteel,

One comment I might add regarding the Sony cameras - they use Sony's proprtietary memory sticks. In general, these sticks are more expensive than their standard counterparts and Sony has had a very difficult time keeping up with making bigger sticks. It took Sony much longer to develop a 1gig memory stick when they were available for CompactFlash and SD Cards several years earlier. Otherwise, they make great cameras and the Zeiss lenses are supurb. CF and SD cards can be used in a large # of cameras so if you need to replace yours (say, by dropping it in the river :rolleyes: ) or upgrade, you can keep your investment in memory.

cheers,

Michael

That is great advice reagrding the Sony memory sticks!!! For years I used 100mb memory cards in my Sony, could take about 100 photos per card. I bought a 250mb Sony Pro card, but it wont work in the older Sony camera, due to some sort of incompatibility, even though it fit perfectly. I use 4 GB CF cards in my new camera, and get about 150 shots per card, and I'm sure when I get a new 8GB card it will work.

Hey I went with the kodak. So far it is pretty sweet! As far as pics of flies it seems to work best in the automatic mode with the flower feature on as opposed to the macro. I am still learning the ins and outs so Im sure I will figure more out as I havent had much time to really get serious. The only thing is my computer is so old it wont except the software so I either have to upgrade or go new! If its not one thing its the other right! Anyway as soon as I upgrade I will post some pics but so far its a thumbs up on the kodak z650!