Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Carlin

FTOTY Bamboo Rod Update

I have just put up a couple new posts showing some more steps in the FTOTY bamboo rod build. The last handful of polls are on hold for a few more days as I am awaiting delivery of some special reel seats from Bellinger. Chet has kindly donated some very unique inserts, as well as allowing me to roll out some new reel seat hardware that they are now making, so by the end of the week or early next week, that poll should be up and we can see the stunning seats that Chet has generously donated (I've already seen pics and they are amazing ;) ).

After that we'll be choosing the wrap colors and a few other details before the build is completed late this month, so stay tuned and please vote for the reel seat and wraps as they will give the rod much of its final character. :yahoo:

IPB Image

Chris, it looks like the rod is coming along quite nicely.

I can't wait to see the hardware!!! :headbang:

That is sweet looking. What length and taper is it?

The taper that was chosen is a Paul Young Perfectionist which is a 7'6" 4wt. Young rods are typically parabolic, but the Perfectionist feels more like a medium-fast action rod until you get a lot of line out and the butt section starts flexing and doing its work. A truely wonderful 4wt taper. :headbang: