Fly Tying
Bud Guidry

one word

Hey Johan, Thank you buddy! I have deep respect for your tying as well. And thank for for signing my guestbook!

Cheers,

Graham

Graham.... :bugeyes: You have got to be kidding me! Can't wait for the finshed product. You always amaze me my friend.

Later...

Just when you think you've seen it all... Graham pulls an Empire on us and strikes back, LOL! Mind blowing stuff my friend, truly inspirational!

And I know what you mean about that ol' gin-n-tonic, whiskey sometimes has the exact same effect on the tying, and writing on forums too, LOL!

Ulf

Hi Thom and Ulf, thanks guys. I thank Bud for coming up with the idea of tying a seahorse. I still need to finish tying the head, and haven't decided yet exactly how I'll do it. I usually like to make my flies look mean and menacing looking, but this one I'll try and go for a more elegant look. I have 7 days of tying at local SoCal shows scheduled in March, then I'm sending the seahorse to Sweden, as a gift for Ulf, who has given me so much inspiration in the past couple of years.

Cheers,

Graham

ok, you've accomplished what no one had before. you left me speechless

i thought i was making inroads with JC but this is completely off the wall

i got to get John Mclain to come have a look at this.

Bud

Thank's Bud, your comments mean a lot to me. I look at this seahorse and wish it could be tyed as perfect as you tye your flies, with graceful precision. The hard part was the curved hook and curved body, and trying to manage too many materials. Even had to tye standing up passing the bobbin from hand to hand, weaving around things that seemed to constantly be in the way. But It was fun because of the challenge.

IPB Image

geeez i hope it's the rifle bird. i like working with the little tiny JC feathers right at the neck of the cape. when you learn how to manipulate them theres so much you can do with the material. i dye these JC feathers also so that may be another idea you might consider on the next JC project

you do know your stepping into a realm that no one has gone to before don't you?

your setting a bar for others to follow with this manipulation of natural materials for realistics

Bud

Graham,

Truly amazing! that really has my wheels turning!

Bud, Great idea! I don't think I'll be diving into this realm any time soon, but it is definitly cool stuff!

Aaron Ostoj

Hi aaronostoj, Thank you very much!!!

I need to thank Bud Guidry again. I tyed at the Pasadena Fly Fishing show today (and tomorrow) and the fly that got the most attention was the seahorse. That really surprised me. Only one guy asked what I planed to catch with it...lol... The women at the show even liked it...lol..

Thanks Bud, I never would have thought about tying a seahorse, what a great idea. I'll be sending it to Ulf in about one week and I now plan to tye another one.

Cheers,

Graham