Fly Tying
paulrs

Champlain Jane Fly

I'm looking for the pattern for the Champlain Jane fly. It's a smelt imatation for salmon in the Lake Champlain region. I've seen it listed in several guide books but can't find the pattern. Thanks, Paul

Paul,

I've never heard of that fly, but I have a couple of sources you can check. First would be Raske's New England Streamer site;

Streamers

Second, there is a Yahoo Group for streamers that you can check out. The guys in that group know a lot about the New England style.

And finally, contact Bryant Freeman at Eskape Anglers, Bryant is the most amazing tyer I know and has been tying streamers for fifty years.

Let me know what you find out.

TB

TB

I sent an e-mail to Bryant Freeman and he hooked me up with the pattern. I also check the streamer web site, very cool. thanks again. Paul

I'm looking for the pattern for the Champlain Jane fly. It's a smelt imatation for salmon in the Lake Champlain region. I've seen it listed in several guide books but can't find the pattern. Thanks, Paul

hey paul did u ever get the info for the champlain jane fly? i would really be interested in what u found out! could u get back to me

its not a charteuse jane by any chance?

http://www.fish307.com/anglerscustomtandem...treusejane.aspx

or the champlain smelt

http://www.fish307.com/anglerscustomtandem...plainsmelt.aspx

from the web

We've been having good success with a tube fly with a 00 Dodger or an Abe and Al #8 flasher. Run 'em anywhere between 10 and 25 feet down on the down rigger. The platters that we've had success with are the 9-3 Mickey Finn, Joe Smelt, and Champlain Jane. At this time these tube flies are available only at the Classic Outfitters in the Staples Plaza in Burlington.

Good luck out there and hope to see 'ya on the water.

try calling classic outfitters in burlington

I would be interested in the champlain jane fly pattern if you have found it. I had one that was given to me as a kid by an older gentlemen, my brother lost is while I let him use it one day.