Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

Winters Hope spey

I am unsure what the body hackle is, I included a picture with the link and think it may be a feather from a black duck. The wing looked a little better before I dropped it, but when fished it will look a lot worse. It has a big head partly due to my fault of building it up with thread wraps, but I find the UTC thread, great but slippery and bulky compared to, what I like better, uni 8/0. The head also needs a couple more coats of head cement. I dropped this fly a few times so I took a photo before it was "shook"

I'll give you 4 pieces of bologna for it....Sweet effect on the black to blue

:hyst: :hyst: , its becuse of you and Fishigan that I was inspired to tie this fly. I could not set the wings as you guys do. This fly is going to another member. If said processed meat is cooked right, you might have dibbs on the next one old son

Glad you like the fly, but unfortuantely guys I have tasted the best bolgna in the world. George aka Conehead sent it to me. Thanks George... I am still working on it.