Fly Tying
deeky

How It's Made?

While channel surfing, I came up on a show on the Discovery Channel called "How It's Made". What really grabbed my attention was that they were doing a segment on fly tying - so I stopped to watch.

The show is actually done in Canada, and they guy doing the tying was wearing an Orvis shirt.

Hmmm.....Gary likes Orvis, and Gary's from Canada. The thought crossed my mind.

I started laughing when I realized that the tyer was tryign to talk and presumably explain what he was doing, but the editors cut his voice out and used an announcer. Poor Gary, they wouldn't even let him speak. :D

Any one else see it?

I saw it a couple of months ago, or at least the last few minutes of it. I've been trying to catch the whole thing ever since. The guy looked familiar but I need to see it again. :)

I have seen that show on several times but haven't ran across that episode. Knowing that Gary is the star, it may be a blessing that I have never seen it. :baby:

That show is pretty cool. Have you seen the one where they make a hockey glove? Now that is intense..

I saw it a couple of months ago, or at least the last few minutes of it. I've been trying to catch the whole thing ever since. The guy looked familiar but I need to see it again. :)

Kerry,

The host of the show is former Olympic swimmer Mark Tewksbury. I have seen them make everything from toothpicks to bathtubs to jet ski's on there, it is pretty neat the things they show.

I also saw the show. I got a kick from the announcer saying that the person was a Fly Maker.

Bob