Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flygirl

Books

While cleaning ? my Tying room I found a few books I had forgotten about. Does anyone remember when Umpqua published 'The Umpqua Enflycopedia' 2001/2002 ? I picked them up at the time because they contain just photos of known fly patterns & is an excellent reference. I panicked when I realized I should have collected the following years. So when I contacted Umpqua they told me they discontinued that idea & stopped at 2002. I guess they could be collectables , anybody have these in their collection ? After visiting other web sites I'm realizing that the books I picked up for $12 are now valued at $50 used. Time to reorganize that bookself.......when I find it.

Hi fellow CT person....you'd be surprised how many sleeper books there are...I don't have the Umpquas but other sleepers you might have are Presentation by Gary Borger(most copies well over 100.00 on Bookfinder), Striper Moon by Kenny Abrames ($100.00?), Classic Rods and Rodmakers by Marty Keane( at least 300.00) and the Magnum Opus of expensive recent books Rare and Unusual Fly Tying Materials($3,000.00 for both volumes?....great googly moogly!)

Hendricksons are coming,

See you on the Farmington or the Hous,

Hot Tuna