Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Clouser Fly line

is it worth buyin a whole new fly line just to fish with clousers. As much as I have used them, I`ve never gotten hooked *knock knock knock*. So my question is, is it worth spending an extra 40 bucks on a fly line, where you can only throw one type of fly? Thanks! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

No. Save your money!

For most of your fishing standard floating line will throw a Clouser just fine!

That`s what I was thinkin also. Instead of the clouser line, I think I`ll buy one of those hats. lol. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

The Clouser line is not just for throwing Clouser's...that's the name of the line because Bob Clouser helped develop it for RIO.

I bought one this past late-summer and I use it for all my bass, pike, and indicator fishing (for steel/salmon) and worked well on a saltwater trip I took in Dec. (and will be tested there again in 3 weeks). It booms large flies out there along ways.

When your next floating line for bass, etc. takes a poop I would highly recommend this one.

But, if you're just worried about throwing Clousers, don't just buy it for that...because it works very, very well for other applications, as well.

Derek

Alright. Right now, my fly line is workin good. I`ve only used it a few times, cause it got tangled up last year, and we had to cut it, and it left itreally short, so my grandad took me to wally world and we got the right fly line again, and I spooled it back up. That`s the day before we caught 175 fish. Heck of a way to break in the new line. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

QUOTE (redneckfisherman @ Mar 9 2004, 05:49 PM)
so my grandad took me to wally world and we got the right fly line again

You must have a different Wally World than I do here. And we have one of those Superstores. The only thing that looks anything like flyfishing there is in the craft department for some fine wire, floss, and a few skimpy choices of Maribou.

If you want a good flyline around here you have to go to a Fly Shop, which there are none within 50 miles of me or else order it through Mail Order. sad.gif

For most of my fishing, I use a floating line but I am considering getting a weighted shooting head or a weight forward. unsure.gif for some Lake bottom fishing. wink.gif

They have alot of good fly lines at the local wally world. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck