Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Twofingerz

Bleeding Frog

I like it. I like the colors. I like the classic, old-time look...chunky and well-trimmed. Are those eyes 3-D?

while i was gluing the eyes on a dropped one. i swear i heard it hit the carpet. i looked down and didnt see it so got down on my hands and knees and still couldnt find it. well i know i dropped it. i check all the cuffs and folds and wrinkles on my pant legs. nothing. i check the bottom of my socks. nothing. move the chair, move the table. nothing. ok i am done looking i grab another one, put a dab of CA on it and finish the fly.

Now jump ahead 4 hours. I am in bed reading the latest American Angler and after getting about halfway through i decide to call it a night. Close the magazine, reach over to turn out the light, and BANG, there is the missing eye. glued to the plam of my hand. :hyst: i never saw it and never felt it but it must have been there the entire time. when i had gotten down on my hands and knees to look for it i must have put my hand on it first thing :dunno: i never had a chance :D

post-9630-1175440670_thumb.jpg