Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
camoham

goofing off, more for the pond.

didnt get to tie nearly as much as i wanted to over the recent holiday. the kit is portable, maybe i should pack my tote and bring it along?

last week before the snows came i went out and my wulff's got destroyed so it tied up some more. i leave the tails a little longer than what they probably should be.

IPB Image

i tied the second one because i think bass will take this type nicely very soon. actually had a large bluegill hit one..........i was surprised.

IPB Image

i found a bag of mylar tinsel at a factory card outlet a while back. every color you could imagine! i went with black because i thought it looked sharp.

either way. im having a whole lot of fun doing this!

be well.

camoham

are they that bad?

i know the tail is long and not "tippet".................but its being fished. i got a nice "V" on the wing which is not visible by the photo section.

would it be better to take multiple shots at different angles?

the bucktail was inspired by some that ive seen from del plato. added in the red band on the head just to see how difficult it is to do that.

camoham

dont have calf tail so i subbed in white deer hair.

i have about 3 lifetime's supply of deerhair.

camoham

I second the thought on the Royal Wulff. My first one looked like a road killed Christmas decoration.

The streamer is fine. I see alot of the patterns with an oversized head epoxied so if that was a worry don't worry.

With the white wing on the streamer, it looks like deer hair? Purely for aesthetic reasons, just pull the deer hair out if it has not got a natural tapered tip. One or two of them look broken, but again this is for looks, it does not affect the fishability. Hopefully you will get to fish them soon. :)