Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Crappie Bluegill Sunfish fly swap...

Ok thanks I guess this swap is still a go then.

I think a Due date of May 15th sounds good.

what do you think?

OSD.

Ahh give redneck a break. He's a fisherman, its spring, there's fish to catch and balls to bat, he just got a little overextended. You're alright my book.

I do still however still want to participate in the swap if others are up for it as well. I would volunteer to take it over, but I just got too much on my plate right now as well.

I can`t host anymore? This swap wasn`t my fault though. Graham offered to host it, and everything was okay, but then he got pretty mad, and said he wasn`t gonna post on this board anymore, and then I asked him if he was going to host anymore, and he said nope, so I had to tell everyone. So, I can`t host anymore swaps? I understand I got the flies out a little late on the last one, but again, that was cause Graham didn`t get them to me. Please don`t ban me from hostin. -redneck

Hey OSD it aint Grayson's fault why cant he host anymore swaps i think thats screwed up if you ask me thats why im gettin off this SUCKY site so yall can do whtaever but you know what i say SCREW this STUPID site.

nice response , grow up! I dont blame OSD. I dont think that kids that are in school should be responsible for handling swaps anyway.

john

I don`t see what`s so wrong with me hostin swaps anymore though? It wasn`t my fault. Let me know. -redneck

OK I'm gonna set this straight the best that I can. We had a ongoing discussion between myself and the moderators on what to do about this situation. We have decided that a member will have to at least be 18 years of age to host a swap, so Red it is just not you.

You can blame your buddy for the problems with the Bass swap all you want but that is my exact point.....the HOST is responsible for everything! He did not submit his flies for the swap becuase of pure laziness because I heard several times about you guys out on the golf course, and if you guys have time for that there should be plenty of time to tie up 12 flies. You then never gave the swappers an update unless they got frustrated and posted "where are our flies?". We have a good time on this forum but at the same time we put alot of work into making this the best site possible and we are not about to let our members get upset because some kid is too lazy to get his flies done. The host is responsible for making sure the flies are there by the deadline and if they are not get with that person and if they still don't show up in a few days then that person is out. You proved that kids your age are not up to the task of hosting because you are still pointing the finger at your buddy instead of realizing your responsibility as the swapmeister.

You can still join in swaps it's not like we are banning you or anyone else from the site we just don't want this to creep up again....it makes the forum look bad!

Alright. I`m just gonna tie up my own crappie flies. Has nothin to do with what`s been goin on, it`s just I`m gonna be at my grandads in 2 weeks, and I want to give him plenty of flies, and this swap aint happenin fast enough, so all the flies that I tie, are gonna be goin to him so that I can go ahead and get them out to him. -redneck

Sorry

I didn't respond right away I have been on a fishing outing and just now got back

When I took over this swap there were swappers and no swapmister.

So being the moderator of this section I figured I had better take over the job

Now I don't know about the rest of the members of this web site but I think if a guy organizes a swap and gets swappers joining the swap, and then backs out of the swapmister job.

I think that’s just a bad way to run a swap and it reflect badly on the web site.

this Web site has some serious fly tiers and things like fly swaps should run in a orderly manner.

Will has worked hard build a web site we can be proud to be a member of and running a orderly swaps is part of attracting new members and adding to the ranks of the fly-fishing public.

I don't have anything against Grayson but I do want these swaps to run as smoothly as possible and I feel if I take over this swap the swappers will not have to worry about getting there flies in a timely manner or getting updates on the progress.

As Will said we need adults hosting and swapmistering theses swaps.

OSD.

OK so far we have 5 swappers

Scapeqoute

Fish-N- Chips

Montanaflyguy

Flydog33

Smalliehunter

and the swapmister OSD.

IF I missed anyone or anyone else wants to join this swap just respond to this thread with (I'm in)

OSD.

Yes Joel

Thanks for joinning.

OK so far we have 6 swappers

Scapeqoute

Fish-N- Chips

Montanaflyguy

Flydog33

Smalliehunter

Joel

and the swapmister OSD.

I would like to see 6 more Join

so I think I would like to expand this swap to include Bluegills Sunfish and Crappie Flies.

Thnaks

OSD.