Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Walker

Yet another Canuck

Hello from Ontario folks. Mostly trout, bass and pike around here. Some really great rivers feeding the great lakes within a short drive of my house. First post, not much to report yet, snowing and blowing like mad here today, good day to work on those muddlers I've been putting off.

Welcome to the web site Walker

There's always room for our northern friends here and we welcome your input on subjects that interest you.

We have a good Canadian fallowing and we also have some an excellent Canadian Moderator who has great patterns (that make us all jealous)

OSD.

Welcome Walker, hope you found a little piece of heaven with finding this site. You sure will get your laughs and fishing knowledge. Now where can you go and find both of those? dunno.gif

Welcome to the forum Walker. This is a good place to hang out when the snow is flying and you get tired of tying muddlers. And to be honest, I get tired of tying muddlers pretty quick. For some reason they're not my best pattern. Spinning deer hair for the heads always gives me trouble.

I hear that, waterflogger! I started going back to the Dan Gapen original muddler with only one bunch of deer hair serving for both wing and head. It gives a 'rougher' look, but the fly gets down in heavy water twice as fast, and stays there. Trimmed right, it has it's own rustic appeal.

Walker,

Welcome aboard! Great folks here and all willing to help. Jump right in.

Tight Lines,

Fatman