Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

HAVE PEOPLE FORGOTTEN!!!

Yesterday was september 11th as i'm sure you all know. I got up before going to work and the VERY first thing i did was get my american flag and put it out to fly high on this 2nd anniversary of the attacks. After i got off work i was sittin outside having a smoke and it dawned on me.....my flag was the ONLY one out on my whole street. There are about 50 or so homes on this street and all these SOB's that live here and enjoy the freedoms didnt even care/think about showing the pride.....WHAT THE HELLS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? Is it just this street or did anyone else see very many flags flown yesterday? mad.gif

Really kinda pissed me off...it doesn't take 30 seconds to show a little respect and put ol'glory out on certian days!

Steeldrifter

I keep a porch Flag out, and since 9-11 almost all of the houses on my street have been flying Old Glory.

My uncle fought at (Iwo Jima).And every now and then I get out the old pictures of WWII, It reminds me of the price that was paid for our rights and freedom.

LBG i hear ya...its amazing how fast some people can just forget about things like this.

Leaky waders i'm glad to hear that you fly the flag,i just cant help but wonder what all these people around here did with the flags after the freshness of 9/11 wore off. The local bussinesses sold out within a few days and these people that live around here have to have the flags so where are they? dunno.gif

Oh well guess the best thing to do is to just fly mine with pride everyday and hope others will follow.

friend of mine has the flag tattooed across his chest and across it it says" Burn this one, Asshole"...I have always flown the flag, even before Sept 11...now I fly it because of Sept. 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Big Daddy Hubbard @ Sep 13 2003, 07:02 PM)

friend of mine has the flag tattooed across his chest and across it it says" Burn this one, Asshole".

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif Now theres an American!

He was in an accelerated training program for the nat. Guard in 1991. two weeks before high school graduation, he got pulled to Iraq in the first war. Came home with the tatoo.....got it in Germany I think.....he's now commanding a small spec. ops force in northern Iraq as a Major....got love his dedication....has a scar in the blue field of the flag from a bullet he caught in Bosnia in '94....

his name is Maj. Shane D. Myers...and yes, I will tell him.....he's due back to Fort Campbell sometime next May or June

Steeldrifter,

Just to try and restore some of your faith read below, I'm a disabeled vet and I know how you feel about the flag and yes alot of folks tend to forget but read on my friend and restore some of the faith:

Another salute to the military!!!!!!!!

When Hurricane Isabel was bearing down on Washington, D.C. Thursday,

Washington did what it often does - panic! The federal government was

closed as were the area's schools - even though up until 7:00 pm the day

was only rainy with brief gusts of wind. But while everyone else was

running for cover, there was a different character on display at

Arlington National Cemetery.

The cemetery is "home" to 260,000 veterans. It is also the site of the

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which was built in 1921 to honor those who

died for our country, but whose remains have never been identified. The

Tomb is watched 24-hours-a-day by the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment, known

as "The Old Guard."

Cemetery officials were in a dilemma. The Old Guard has never abandoned

its post guarding the Tomb. But as Isabel slammed into the area Thursday

night winds hit 75 miles an hour and the rain was torrential. The

cemetery officials, no doubt thinking of possible lawsuits, gave the Old

Guard permission to leave their posts for safety sake.

You guessed it, my friends - the soldiers refused to leave! Staff

Sergeant Alfred Lanier said the Tomb was something "we cherish." Sgt.

Christopher Holmes said leaving the Tomb is "never an option for us" and

added he was prepared to die while guarding it.

As Eisenhower asked when he surveyed the bravery on the beaches of

Normandy, "Where do we get such men?"

Tight Lines all,

Fatman

Where do we get such men?........AMERICA!!!! biggrin.gif

Thats why i have such respect for anyone in or formerly in the military...its not just something they do,its something that they are!

that's right SD,

they do it so we don't have too...hell of a sacrifice!!!! My nephew came home from Tikrit this past weekend...looked great!!!! Has to be back on the front in two weeks, but it was great having him here!