Fly Tying
Lance Kekel

How do I ship them?

I know there are a few of you guys that have sold flies in qty and I could use some advice. I need to mail 200 sz #14 Royal Trudes and want to make sure they get there in good shape. Since they're that small should I just toss them in a box or two and ship them? How should I do it??

Thanks!

No matter what you do you should get insurance on this package. I they go missing at least you get paid for it.

You might put them in groups of 10 or so in ziplock baggies, then put those in the foam peanuts, that should help them keep from getting too squashed, otherwise, you could put them in plastic containers in groups of 10 (better), but that's more costly.

Insure for sure, though.

KD

This is what I have done in the past.

Find a strong cardboard mailer, like one used to mail photos. It should be sturdy enounh that it won't bend when it's very full. I make a small box, but you could use anything that will create a space inside the mailer. Stick one box down into the end of the mailer, that will create a pocket inside. Put your flies inside here ( In a bag if you wish). Place another small box in the top, and close the package. You can add a dab of glue to hold it in place, but it shouldn't be needed.

If you do it like this, you should be able to send it through regular mail, but of course, you should get the package insured.