Fly Tying
Graham

An hour at the lake

I had something kind of simular happen to me several years back. I went out in the morning to try and photograph some Golden Eagles. Didn't have much luck so I went back into town and grabbed lunch. After lunch I went to the bank(mom works there)and was talking to her. I told her I didn't see any eagles earlier but I was going to go out to the riverbed and try and shoot some hawks.

A few hours later I had state wildlife agents all over me. Somebody in the bank heard me say I was going to shoot hawks and ratted me out. They didn't know that I meant with a camera.

I should have known to say photograph instead of shoot anyway because of a couple of times I photographed presidential hopefulls at rallies.

I just heard a funny story.

Yesterday about 50 police cars surrounded the park and lake, sealed off both entrances, and two swat teams went in, but, they didn't encounter a gunman, it was a bird photographer using a camera mounted on a Bush-hawk...LOL... Apparently someone called in a gunman at the park report...lol...

Not so funny Graham.

Happened to a friend of mine 2 weeks ago.

One minute hes in a field stalking deer, the next hes being told to freeze and asked if hes armed.

Even though there are only feet separating them and hes said its camera gear, hes still told to put the "camera" down and step away. :) Dont blame them in this day and age and frankly when Im in my camo and trudging through brush at off hours with the bushhawk its not hard at all to imagine how it looks.

IPB Image

Nice shots

J