Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tightlines

Saying Hello To You ALL

I'm glad I came across this site, I was wondering if a forum existed for fly tying/fishing.

I am getting back into it all. Back when I was 18 I quite tying and fishing because the area I was in had nothing but chub in the waters. I now live close to a river that has many many many browns.

I am getting back into fly tying and its all coming back to me. Some newer products on the market CDC is a big one. I saw a few emerger patters that use the oiler puffs as a parachute and it looks very impressive.

As I flip the rocks of the waters I will be fishing its very easy to tell that there is many green caddis and Isopods in the water. At the end of the river is some slow moving flats that when you flip a rock its not rare to see 5-8 mayfly nymphs on that rock.

I hope to contribute much to this forum as well as take much from it.

Wishing you tightlines and great days.

tightlines.

Welcome to the forum! We have a great group of guys here so make yourself comfortable and jump right in and have a good time. Be warned this place can be addictive biggrin.gif

Hi tightlines, are you near Fergus? That's very close to me. I'm about 15 minutes from Fergus. The grand is a great river! Maybe see you out there. I'll be the one with the fly rod............LOL

Walker,

Im in Guelph, its a 22 minute drive to Belwood Conservation Area.

Tomorrows the big day, Im probably not going to go out till monday (trying to avoid the traffic on the river on opening weekend).

I will probably be fishing between the 2nd line flats and tombstone as well as down in Inverhaugh (flats around Pilkerton Lookout Station).

I hear that there is great fishing in Elora but by looking at the river, I have a hard time finding access points (except for bissel Dam).

Are the majority of access points from within Eloras Conservation area?

Thanks

Hi tightlines, how did you make out on opening day? I went on monday to the beaver river. Caught one speck, thats it. Pretty slow, but fishing all the same. Talk to you soon.