Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Seadog

Cider Mill

post-13099-1198424892_thumb.jpgpost-13099-1198424920_thumb.jpgA gentleman from Elkhart, Indiana tied this about 30 odd years ago. It is a killer on bluegill!

Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have suggestions on how to tie it?

It looks like it is simply some light green & brown floss woven on a 2x long hook. I don't know how to weave, but day5 or one of the other guys could help you with it.

There are alot of tutorials on the web on weaving fly's. just use the google search engine and you'll be amazed what you'll find. I could explain it to you but, it's easier to demonstrate. I found several sites with step by step instructions(and photo's). One thing that I find easier though is to turn the vise jaws so they point right at me and have them situated slightly lower so I can look down on what I'm doing. Thie weave in this pattern is not all that difficult once you get the hang of it. Just remember this; The green floss always stays on the bottom and the brown or Tan floss always is on top.

If you look at the second picture you'll see how this is wrapped on the hook.

Hope this helps, Have a Merry.

There are alot of tutorials on the web on weaving fly's. just use the google search engine and you'll be amazed what you'll find. I could explain it to you but, it's easier to demonstrate. I found several sites with step by step instructions(and photo's). One thing that I find easier though is to turn the vise jaws so they point right at me and have them situated slightly lower so I can look down on what I'm doing. Thie weave in this pattern is not all that difficult once you get the hang of it. Just remember this; The green floss always stays on the bottom and the brown or Tan floss always is on top.

If you look at the second picture you'll see how this is wrapped on the hook.

Hope this helps, Have a Merry.