Fly Tying
N Parish

Approxi-Mouse

Last year I was looking for an all-synthetic mouse pattern, and after much searching on the internet machine, wound up with this little guy. It's my first addition to the database, so let me know if I did anything weird.

Thanks!

Nick

This mouse is very good. Legs will be agressive. The trout will strike.

I like tying mice. :)

Paul

can you show us a front shot of it too? i don't understand the ear making part yet...

Hi J.Z.

I've added a front shot to the pattern and revised the tying instructions for the ears. Let me know if it needs further clarification.

Thanks,

Nick

i tied one today on a size 6 aberdeen hook,it looks good B) ,hopefully ill catch fish with it this year.i did it tan back and head,brown ears,black tail and legs,and a brown belly.I also tied the tail seperately,since if it gets damaged where the twisted tail becomes split or something,i can cut the thread and replace it.i hope the trout and bass will attack it where i have to replace the tail :D thats how confident i am with it.its a good pattern

Thanks Panfisherteen,

Colors sound great. I hope you have as much fun fishing it as I do, I don't even need a fish to strike it to enjoy myself. It's like a puppet show or something, controling a mammal on the water. Let me know how it works for you. I've only tried it on river trout, haven't had a chance to work on the bass with it.

Nick

went fishing yesterday,had a couple pumpkinseed nip at it,i had a rock bass grab it repeatedly,so im sure a brookie would too B)