Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

fishing fundraiser for my church camp

My church's youth camp does this fishing event every year to raise funds to help with some of the outdoor equipement for the camp. in the last two years of us doing this event we have raised over $6,000 to help purchase things for the kids to use at the camp.

below is the details of this function and donation information if you are interested. If not, i totally understand (money is tight everywhere). Any donations are tax deductable and you will not be added to any mailing lists (unless you choose to be). the camp will contact you after the event to let you know how we did as a group and me as an individual.

Once again, it is almost time for me to embark upon one of my favorite hobbies, FISHING!! I will once again be participating in Camp Living Waters Fishing Adventure. This is a fund raiser for our church denominations youth camp to help them to purchase things that will help make the time the kids spend there more enjoyable.

If you do not want to participate in this, I am sorry that I bothered you with this email, and you can quit reading it right now. If you are interested, then I will give you some of the info on this great event.

On Friday June 4th I am going to embark upon a great fishing adventure. Camp Living Waters has given me the opportunity to enjoy one of my favorite hobbies and impact the lives of young people at the same time. I have agreed to fish from 5pm on June 4th until 5pm on June 5th because I believe in the effect that this ministry is having on our youth. You too can be part of the effort by sponsoring me in the 24 hour fishing adventure.

Camp Living Waters exists to challenge children and teenagers with the life changing love of God in a rustic outdoor setting. Your financial support of my 24 hour fishing adventure will enhance the camp's influence through various needed program improvements. Your participation will allow the Camp to get deep into the heart of the next generation for Christ.

I would like to challenge you to sponsor me at $1, 50 cents, a quarter, or even a penny per inch. I have a person goal of catching 500 inches of fish on the event day. Your tax deductible donation will go far to help this ministry impact young people for the Lord.

Thank you for allowing me to share this opportunity with you. Attached below is a web address you can go to if you are willing to sponsor me in this event. If you would rather not do it over the internet please email me back and I will get a donation form to you ASAP. click here for the online dontion page when you go to the webpage, put in my name (sean harvey) as the person you are sponsoring. i dont think the camp director will no me as flyfishenvy smile.gif

If you have any questions about this adventure please feel free to email me and I will answer any questions that you may have.

Thank you for allowing me the time to share this event with you.

the weekend of this event is fast approaching. i will be leaving friday morning to partake in this.

i have not reached my donation goal as of yet.

please if anyone is interested in sponsoring me, feel free to reply to this post or pm me.

i really appreciate it.

sean

Hey Sean,

It isn't much but i'll give ya .03 cents per inch. Hope you catch all 500 inches wink.gif smile.gif

PM me when you need the money and where I can sent it to. It's the least I can do for everything you have done for me cool.gif

for those of you that sponsored me in this event, i appreciate it. we raised a total of just over 3000 $ between 5 fisherman for the 24 hours. caught just over 1500 in. of fish and have a nice sunburn to go with it.

i will post a complete report of the weekend and the little bit of fly fishing i did in a bit. gotta take care of this huge red spot i have on my shoulders right now though.

Since I haven't heard how you did, my child, I will match stelmon's .03 per.........................

Oh yeah, INJUNS don't get sunburns.....LOL bugeyes.gif