Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
r.p.degraaf

Introduction of a Dutch fly fishing enthousiast

Hello All,

My name is Rob de Graaf ( 51) and I live in The Netherlands with my wife and 4 daughters, in the province of South Holland (which is actually not in the South at all but somewhere in de middle on the coast) in a village called Waddinxveen near Rotterdam.

We have no freestone rivers here but have something we call "The Polders" which is reclaimed land from the sea or lakes, it's mostly farmland with little canals to drain the water. These canals contain pike and roach and both will gladly take a fly.

Every year two of my buddies and I go to either Belgium or Germany to do a weeks worth of fly fishing.

I usually try to end up in a place for my summer holidays that "happens"to be near a good fly fishing spot, this year will be Czech republic.

Coming September one of my friends and I have booked a week on the Kenai river in Alaska, to see whether Coho and Steelhead is really as exiting as everybody says.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT !!!

I tie flies mostly for myself and my friends and am very very cautiously beginning to take an interest in Steelhead and Salmon flies (just beacuse they are beautiful.

Hope to learn a lot here.

Tight lines everyone.

ROB