Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bobfly

Dimmbla

Another fly from Iceland plus a mongrel sort of Akroyd tied with a Polar bear wing Both tied on Doubles

post-11676-1218875505_thumb.jpgpost-11676-1218875540_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Bob... Again I love your flies... the akroyed is beond by wildest dreams but one thing about Dimmbla is that you are not using the right colors... Dimmbla means Royal Blue ;) The tag is right but the feathers should have been the same color...

Cheers

Palli

Bob... Again I love your flies... the akroyed is beond by wildest dreams but one thing about Dimmbla is that you are not using the right colors... Dimmbla means Royal Blue ;) The tag is right but the feathers should have been the same color...

Cheers

Palli

Thanks Palli, got most of it right at least :P Still learning to understand Icelandic :rolleyes: Colours in the book show a bit lighter ,so I took a punt

The two flies here are crackers, would catch salmon and sea trout on the rivers in my area. very nice :headbang:

Dai

Bob, i don't know as i've ever seen a hairwing Ackroyd before........VERY cool. Nice work. mark..... ;)

:( :D Hi bobfly

Nice going!! I fell very much in love with the hairwing version of the akroyd. I've tried several times myself transforming classic into hairwings but always seems to mess them up. :( :( :(

I've PM:d you

Tompa