Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Paul vd Driesche

First post

Hey guys,

This is my first post here so I don't know if I can get it to work....let's see.....

My name is Paul and I'm from the Netherlands. I have been fly tying for quite some time but realistic stuff is a new challenge for me...I saw some nice things here so I desided to join and see what you guys think about my work....hope you like it. B)

IPB Image

This was my first go at tying a realistic Mayfly, I don't like the colors very much(the wings came out to think and to dark :( ), that's a thing to improve on the next one. The proportions turned out nice I think.

Please let me know what you think.

Greets Paul vd Driesche

post-16853-1220623045_thumb.jpg

Paul, welcome to the forum. I don't have any Mayflies where I live but from the ones I 've seen here , yours is very well done. I like the legs very much. prehaps the wings could have been a little more transparent. Beautiful fly though. can't wait to see more.

Fred

Fred,

Thanks and I do agree about the transparancy of the wings....on paper they looked good but the wings stacked on top of eachother look dark so I hope to fix that on the next one.

Greets Paul.

Hi Paul. Welcome! For your "first" attempt. I think it is quite good. I would agree with your own critique. Look forward to your other creations.

Best Regards,

Dave

Thnx guys ;)

Johan, I can show it to you in person I guess. It will not be to long before we will meet again. I will show you the new one too....that one will have better wings. I will try it in the style that Graham does it....I have some thoughts about that and I think it will work out nice and save me A LOT of time......

Greets Paul.

:) Paul- I like the fly. Good work. Since you have been tying for a while you know what it takes.