Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mrchbrwn

just getting around to saying hello

Just figured it was about time I said hello. My name is Rick and I am from the state of Maine. I've been following this site from the very begin. Smallie posted the address on one of our Maine flyfishing forum. I became a member a little while after, but felt that I could never add anything to the site because I don't tie flys.

I have really enjoyed watching the site grow. Just wanted to tell Smallie and all the other Mod. that you all have done a great job by keeping the site going and by adding something for everyone. My favorite is the rod building, that was a great addition. Thanks to OSD I have built two rods and now have three more to build for people that want to buy and the list maybe growing.

Rick

Thanks for your vote of confidence Rick I'm sure in time you will be tying flies also just one more step in the evolution of the fly fisherman.

OSD.

Nice to find out a bit about you rick,we try to make the site not only informative but also a fun place to hang out glad your with us.

I have to agree about OSD doing a top notch job with the rod building forum his post with step by step pics are the best you will find,my rod project i want to build is on hold right now but i plan on building a 10' 7wt for steelies when i get the extra cash/time and will be way ahead of the game with the info bob has given us on this site thumbsup.gif

SD

Thanks for the welcome guys,

OSD

your right I'm sure at some point in time I'll start tying my own flies. Just looking at the work you all do makes me wish I know how.

Steeldrifter

Its funny how that extra cash and time can put a damper on things. I've been trying to find the time for two years. Then Bob put everything together that I needed to know in one place, so I figured now was the time. My frist flyrod was a 7' 6" 3wt it came out better then I could have asked for. My 2nd one is a 9' 7wt that came out even better then the frist. I got to use both of them this past weekend and I love them. Its a good feeling to catch fish on something that you built yourself. As much as I hate to I may have to retire my scott. biggrin.gif

Rick

The first fish on a rod and a fly you made, priceless.

If your lookign to get rid of the Scott let me know wink.gif

Mrchbrwn,

Welcome aboard!! You have found the place to be. Great folks, good times and all willing to share their knowledge, with no elitism like you might find elsewhere. Hope you enjoy and jump right in.

Tight Lines,

Fatman