Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
willowhead

African Pig Skin

For me, the bead just looked like a football...........hence the name and the use of Guinea, an African bird. This particular dubbing is very short fibered hence the need to use a dubbing loop and the inability not to be able to pick it out to much..........but i like it. The tail is 5 Amherst Crest feathers splayed. I'll never be able to redo the Ostrich herl which i hate..........because i do NOT EVER chop flies..........with just one or two exceptions........for me a fly, once finished, IS what it IS! And it's time to go on to the next.............i don't look back...........i'll fish it, give it away, sell it, trade it, donate it, whatever.........but there's just no sense in choppin' it unless you need the hook that bad; and i don't...........enjoy. mark B)

That does look like an "african football" lol love it! By the way the tail is pretty sweet, you say that is amherst crests spayed, very cool. The dyed gut fits right into the flys colours. I think the shape fits the name very well, sleek and flowing... the birth of cool!

DAMN..........don't GET more CLASSIC than THAT! "Birth of the Cool." ...........one of Miles' MOST CLASSIC dates ever. Works for me. TKX., Phil..... mark..... B) ................... :P p.s. that's "Splayed" not Spayed..... :D