Fly Tying
jrace

Fuzz Train

Tip: get yourself a pair of Doctor Slick SUPER fine pointed sicssors........Neddle Points or whatever they're called.....and learn how to trim the butts of your hair wings on a taper and as closely as possible........GET RID of every single little itsy bitsy unessessaery fibers as you possible can before you ever start to build your head(s). If you can get your hands on a Coterizer(sp?).....get one and use that........but NEVER use it with fresh batteries. ALWAYS use it with week batteries. You DO NOT want it to get to hot........you'll fry your entire fly. :rolleyes: Or at best only ruin part of it........and be PISSED at yourself. Proper preparation before you form your head(s) is essential...............now it's up to you as to wether or NOT you wanna let this go in one ear and out the other. Good luck. mark..... ;)

I think the Dr. Slick Micro Tip is what Mark's talking about. John Mclain at FeathersMC.com has some great Iridectomy Scissors for getting the little bits of hair. I should probably order some more so I have them when mine get dull. Cutting at a taper would help head size... nice little fly though!

Dart, i have a couple pair of the Iridectomey Scissors and they are very nice, BUT.....there's no way Jose' they can get into places and do the work that the Dr. Slick Micro Tips can. The Doc Slick's have the FINEST tips there are, PERIOD! You can simply do things with them that NO other scissors will allow you to do. Case Closed! mark..... ;)

OH! tip on a tip:.....jrace, if you do get the Doc Slick scissors..........be VERY carefull with them..........try your best to keep the little tips protector on them at all times when your not usin' them...........i've been through close to half a dozen pair because eventually i seem to inevitably ruin the tips.........and i always have to buy more before i "should" have to.........imho, they are the BEST!.....so be careful with them :)

LIVE from Shreveport, LA. :P

Iridectomey Scissors are made for the finest work, Dr slick micro tips are nice and tight but nobody does eye ball surgery with them. <_<

Iridectomey Scissors can get up in the hundreds of dollars so it's a little bit of "you get what you pay for"

Nice stubby freight train.